#1 TOP TIP
for Globalscape EFT Server
Logging into EFT Server – Forgotten your admin password?
When configuring Globalscapes’ Enhanced File Transfer solution (EFT) for the first time, you are asked to create a login to allow administration of the EFT Server. In addition to this, if you have the High Security Module, you can use Active Directory (AD) linked accounts to access the server. This is fine until you forget the main administration login or the link between the server and the AD is broken.
At this point you could be stuck with EFT still accepting files and triggering event rules, but have no way to administer the system.
In this case, all is not lost…
Follow the steps below and you should be able to access your system again;
1. You will need to logon to the server as an administrator. Create a local server account and add it to the “local administrators” group on the server. e.g. Create a local windows account called EFTAdministrator and make sure there is a password (N.B. a domain account which is a member of the Local Administrators group will not work, it must be a local account.)
2. When you have created this account, open the EFT administration application on the server.
3. Set the login method to be “Windows Authentication”
4. Login as .\EFTAdministrator and give the password.
5. This SHOULD take you in as an administrator to the server.
6. At this point you can update the password for the “normal” login and check that the password has not expired. These settings can be seen on the “Password Policy” Button off the Administration screen in the Server settings.
If this does not work you may have a more serious problem with your EFT server. Contact Pro2cols’ UK based Globalscape support team on email@example.com and we can help.
Need Additional UK-Based Globalscape Training and Support?
Pro2col have been accredited by Globalscape as their Master Partner, and our team includes two of the UK’s leading EFT Enterprise experts, simply waiting to help you get the most out of your solution with a whole host of designed and bespoke services.