#13 TOP TIP
for Globalscape EFT Server
EFT 7.2 approaching End of Life
Having been with us since October 2015, the time has finally come to say goodbye to EFT 7.2. It goes fully out of support on 27 October 2017. After this, you’ll only be able to access support through professional services.
If you’re currently using EFT 7.2 we recommend you update it as soon as possible; either to version 7.3 or the newly released 7.4. Read our previous Top Tip Globalscape EFT version 7.4 brings new functionality for more details.
Globalscape EFT Version 7.4 upgrades directly from versions 7.2 or 7.3. However, if you have an earlier version, you will need to upgrade to 7.2 or 7.3 first. You can download the update from the Globalscape support site.
There are some potential problem areas that you should be aware of when upgrading:
- 7.2, 7.3 and 7.4 have multiple changes to licensing, typically around WTC licensing. This can crop up if the user does not upgrade to the latest 7.4.
- If ARM is installed, then it MUST be working and available during the EFT install.
- If it is using Windows authentication for the SQL source, then the upgrade must be performed by the EFT Service Account.
- There must not be any .SQL files in the EFT config folder.
- If the user account does not have permissions to update the database, then a manual process to update the database structure is needed before ARM would work.
- Active/Active and Active Passive clusters must be upgraded in a specific order and there is a period of downtime until all nodes are upgraded.
- Some Extra Registry entries are added, which users should be aware of before running the upgrades.
- If you are attempting to migrate SMB you MUST stop the EFT server before attempting to copy FTP.CFG file as this is written as the service stops.
If you have any questions or would like assistance in upgrading your system, please contact the support team or email your sales representative.
Need Additional UK-Based Globalscape Training and Support?
Pro2col have been accredited by Globalscape as their Master Partner, and our team includes two of the UK’s leading EFT Enterprise experts, simply waiting to help you get the most out of your solution with a whole host of designed and bespoke services.