Content Intregrity Control (CIC) Module
Process files with anti-virus or data loss prevention tools
EFT’s Content Integrity Control™ (CIC) module supports compliance with PCI DSS v3.0 by integrating with virus scanners and DLP (Data Loss Prevention) tools, so you can permit or prevent transfers based on policies. (Works with Kaspersky, Sophos, Symantec, Trend Micro, Websense, McAfee, RSA and many more.)
- CIC is integrated into EFT Event Rules – When a file passes the CIC scan, EFT can perform other actions on the file, such as moving the file to another location. If the file fails the scan, Event Rule processing can stop, or other actions can occur, such as sending an email notification.
Multiple CIC profiles can be created to send files to different tools, or to look for different ICAP status codes or text in the ICAP header or body. The results can be captured in the database to generate reports.
- Supported antivirus and DLP tools – EFT’s CIC module uses the ICAP protocol, the industry standard for antivirus and DLP tools. Any third-party content inspection product that supports ICAP can communicate with the CIC module.
Globalscape’s testers have verified that the CIC module works with the following antivirus and DLP servers:
Antivirus:- Kaspersky, Sophos, Symantec, Trend Micro
DLP:- Symantec, Websense, McAfee, RSA
- Ensures file transfers are free of viruses/malware.
- Ensures employees are not sharing confidential/proprietary information.
- Ensures no transfers contain nonpublic information, such as protected health or personal financial information.
- Maintains compliance with PCI DSS requirements regarding DLP.